Sunday, November 05, 2006

Purring w Sleek Sophistication

Only four days into NaBloPoMo and it's already making me edgy. Last night after we watched a movie I freaked out for a second because I thought it was after midnight and I hadn't posted yet. (It was only 10:30, how sad is that?) Then I spent forever trying to figure out how to add a button WITH a link to my sidebar under the new blogger. They make it super easy to add pictures but they don't give you a way to have them link to something. My preferred method for editing html (cut & paste, change a few bits) doesn't work too well since they no longer let you get at the html for anything besides the template. You can only add little bits of code which means I had to go to someone else's blog and find the bit I needed to copy blah blah blah... It drives me nuts when things are dumbed down to the point that you can't do anything. So that's why I had my panties in a twist last post. It's a shame really because up until then I was happy watching a movie with one of my boyfriends in it (Babe, if things don't work out with you and Maggie give me a call. I'm gonna be available if I keep badmouthing IT professionals in my blog.) and I was shopping at Fire Mountain. The shopping doesn't count against the fast. I need stuff for projects already in the works. I think I might have to do a Knitpicks order too. I started working on the Tannenbaum hat despite not being able to find my 2.5mm dpns. So I tried to do it on a 2.5mm 24" circ. I figured if Kristie can make a sock on a 12" circ surely I can make a hat for my ginourmous head on a 24" needle. Turns out, not so much. Anyway, while I was shopping at FM I noticed a new Swarovski color - Crystal Silver Shade Effect. Hmmm, sounds sparkly. What's it like? Of course FM didn't have a description so I googled and found this from an eBay seller;

Like a nocturnal sphinx basking in a pool of shimmering light, Crystal Silver shade purrs with sleek sophistication. The appeal of this new effect lies in its timeless and understated elegance

Still wondering? Well duh, It's clear with a silvery coating on some facets. How could you not get that from the description?


1 comment:

Karmatia said...

Just how big is the cadre becoming? hmm?