Friday, November 03, 2006

Wooly Wooly Lust

I've decided to go on a shopping diet. No yarn, no nothin'. After Rhinebeck and way too much online shopping I need to take a breather before the holidays. So what am I doing? Obsessing over everything I can't buy. This yarn from twisted.etsy.com is gorgeous. Normally I don't go for the self-striping stuff but this is different, it's like self-striping yarn by Koigu. Luckily I'm not a fan of pink but if she paired those greens with periwinkle and blueish-purples I'd be all over it like a $2 whore. The other big object of my lust is the queen of all sock of the (every other) month clubs. I've always loved the idea of of-the-month gifts. What could be better than having a box of goodies arrive every few weeks? I'm trying to convince myself that I don't want it and I'd probably end up getting a bunch of ugly colors but who am I kidding? It's STR, I'm sure I could trade the inevitable ugly skein with someone. I'm even obsessing over stuff I wouldn't normally buy like Koigu 123a. The way it looks in a skein is blah but knit up into a Jaywalker and I'm in love. It looks exactly the way some dyes look when they "break" into their individual components. Here's a fun little exercise in frustration I like to play. 1) Go to Grumperina's Jaywalker Gallery. Either page is fine. 2) Browse the submissions nonchalantly. 3) Fall madly in love with a color. 4) Discover that the color is a) discontinued b) mislabeled and therefore a complete mystery c) only available in Germany or d) the product of an independent dyer who is flakier than the cereal aisle at Stop & Shop. Have Fun!

2 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I'm pretty sure I had signed up on some list on the bluemoon website asking to be notified of the next STR club, but I had to hear about from you first.
That makes you evil, you know.

;-)

Anonymous said...

shhh, don't tell my computer but its working and all the letters are working right as well. so maybe i will be leaving you comments. none that actually have to do with your entries though.