Friday, November 24, 2006

More Finger Lakes Yarn Pr0n

Amazing how many posts I'm getting out of a weekend trip. I even have one more post after this one too. Anywho While I was up there I visited two local yarn shops. Knitting Etc in Ithaca and Finger Lakes Fibers in Watkins Glen. Both carried several local hand dyed and spun yarns. At Knitting Etc. I picked up a skein of Anne -and two skeins of Eden by the Fibre Co.
Eden is soft and wonderful. The sheen from the silk gives it a bit of iridescence and make this color look like a Morpho butterfly. Really pretty and much richer in person.

At Finger Lakes Fibers I picked up a skein of spindle spun yarn by Kathy Halton. It was the day before my spinning class and I couldn't resist it. It is just so even and hey, it was on sale because it's green (naturally dyed with goldenrod and indigo).

No comments: