Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Did I mention we are house hunting?

We might make an offer on a place tonight. The owner claims he's received offers. Has he? Why did he turn them down? The suspense is killing me. I don't like not knowing. I'm not good at wheeling and dealing. A friend who is says we should offer 90% of the asking price which sounds ok until you do the math and jesus it looks so much lower in dollars. Or is it? Who the hell knows. I'm way too worried about offending someone (prob because I do it so often by accicent). I wish some of the blogs I read covered this stuff. I get way too much info from blogs. Why don't I know more people who have done this already! And of course we are doing this without a broker because involving a professional would just make this too easy. We do have a lawyer so we probably won't get ourselves in too much trouble. I'm trying not to get too attached to the place. Sure its in a great town and the kitchen is beautiful and all that but the bedrooms are kinda skinny and the bathrooms need to be redone. Oh, but that isn't even a negative. I can't wait to redo a bathroom. Any other room in the house I would be totally frozen about redoing but a bathroom thats just fun. Well maybe not the hoisting ceramic thrones but the tilework and all that no prob. I'll be so happy when this is done. Dv thinks it will cost about 1K to move. I have no idea where he came up with that number. We don't plan on hiring movers after all thats what family is for. We put up with those loons for things like this. We'll have to rent a truck but how much does he expect to spend on boxes and bubble wrap? Screw bubble wrap! We'll just wrap everything in yarn. It's the right thing for the environment. OK, I need to take a deep breath and go to my happy place.

No comments: