Monday, May 14, 2007

Must knit faster!

I think I'm a little more overwhelmed by the latest stash additions than I realized. Friday night I nodded off during a baseball game and when I awoke the TV screen was dominated by a shot of the diagonal striped field. My first thought? Clapotis! Then last night I dreamt that I was talking to my sister and said if I ever knit a Bohus sweater I would make The Wild Apple. I start flipping through Poems of Color to show her the pic but before I can find it she says "Yeah, that one is nice but I would make the Pink Goulash". I was so annoyed that not only was she already familiar with Bohus, she knew of a sweater design that I didn't. Of course, now that I'm awake I'm pretty glad I don't know what the Pink Goulash Bohus looks like.

When I wasn't dreaming of meaty sweaters this weekend I started a Bainbridge Scarf. I'm using some Fibre Company alpaca that I picked up at MDSW.

4 comments:

Gwynne said...

Is it weird that I'm not surprised that I said goulash in your dream? and i'm totally going to make that for dinner next week.

Devorah said...

Dreams are strange things ... maybe you should invent a pattern and name it Pink Goulash?

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

This scarf pattern is great. I can't wait to see your finished product!

Anonymous said...

this cracked me up. I identify completely...