Friday, February 02, 2007

Buttons and Wooly Monmouth


I’ve wanted to go to go to Wooly Monmouth in Red Bank, NJ ever since I saw their name. I’m a sucker for a punny name (it is on Monmouth St in Monmouth County) but what really burned them into my mental list of “things worth going off course for” is their logo. I love it and had to have a tote bag with a knitting woolly mammoth on it. At the end of December I was finally close enough to say it was on-the-way with a straight face. WM is a small shop packed full of favorite yarns (Noro Kureyon, Lobster Pot cashmere, some Koigu) and some I hadn’t seen before (which I can’t remember because I didn’t take notes), pattern books and notions. They also have an excellent button selection. All the buttons pictured in this post are from WM. If it wasn't right after christmas I probably would have bought twice as many. Really, it is just a great little LYS even if they don’t have tote bags (yet!). I spoke to the owner (who seems cool) and she’s thinking about having some printed up. So if you happen to be in the neighborhood make sure you mention how great the logo would look on a tote bag, ok?

3 comments:

KnitMOReANd said...

Wow! I grew up near Red Bank! I even had my foot operated on in the regional hospital there. I moved away in 1984 and lots has changed about the area. I understand that it's become COOL. I don;t often get to NJ anymore but I'll put the "Wooly Mamouth" on my to do list. I love the picture of the buttons.

I'm new to Eye Candy Friday and think your pictures are great.

Sheila said...

I used to live on the shore and the Wooly Monmouth was one of my LYS. Dora is great. I'm glad to hear the shop is doing well. Really cool buttons!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.