Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm 55 and my husband is 24

In Wii years that is. A Wii has taken up residence in our living room and it's the latest reason why I'm not knitting much. Thankfully I can knit in the car so all is not lost. Also, I just received a jury questionnaire so that will probably mean more knitting time in the future. Chances are I'll only have to go for one day if I do get called. Defense lawyers usually take one look at me and my perma-scowl and send me on my way. Of course now that I've said that and tempted the fates...

Since last I took the time to do a proper blog post about my knitting I've made myself a Calorimetry and finished that orange scarf for my mom (only a week late). I'll post about Calorimetry soon but the scarf is going to have to wait until I can get a pic. I didn't work on the Clapotis for a few weeks. I'm back at it now and I've noticed that I'm knitting a little tighter. Not a big deal since its just a big scarf. It's annoying though. I didn't switch from the Inox needle (which feels like it is going to break any minute now) to the Knit Picks needles I got for Christmas because I was afraid my gauge would change. Now that it has anyway and the cold weather is making the Inox cable stiffen up I might as well switch. What's the worst that could happen?

No comments: